Pages

Monday, October 28, 2019

Kose Visee Avant Single Eye Color

I was going to make this into a long post with lots of pictures on a certain cosmetics and beauty review site but I've sort of lost all my drive to do it because the admins of that site rejected my conditioner post due to picture quality. That was all fine, I get it, my pics are certainly not great but what really got me is that they rejected the post after I've deleted all the not-that-nice images. The post is uninformative, they said. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I personally wouldn't call that post uninformative, and it just killed all my desire to actually write anything. That's why this post is here, with one simple swatch on the arm. It's just that there is no point in actually showing these eye shadows on my eyes as they are extremely hooded. Some people use eyeliner thicker than the space on my eyelid that you can see. And these shadows are mostly nude so I find it best to swatch on the arm. On eyes they look pretty much the same.



Kose Visee Avant Single Eye Shadow (natural light, cloudy)

The top one is #12 Maple Bisque. Visee Avant describes the color as natural beige with smooth luster. This is their neutral tone nude. On me it looks a bit warm but I expected that. The shimmer is subtle, satin-like. I really like shadows with that effect, and you do not need color to be pigmented or anything, what you are looking for is a nuance. If the color blends into the color of you skin seamlessly, looking as if there is no makeup, just natural shine, then that's the effect I want and love. Dark or matte shadows do not look good on my hooded eyes, they make my eyes look heavier. Elaborate looks also don't really work. I prefer just to take one shadow, apply it close to lashes, blend it on the eyelid without touching the crease, and that's all. Simple, takes like 30 seconds for both eyes, makes eyes look brighter. For me it is maximum payoff for minimal investment.

The next one is #14 Chestnut. Grayish beige with silver pearl, as the Visee Avant describes it. As you can probably guess, this is cold-toned nude. It is a very nice shade of beige, I like it very much. What I do not like, though, is the shimmer. This one shade is not satin, this is a more straightforward shimmer. It still is very beautiful, it's just that I prefer the satin finish.

#16 is Sepia, a nostalgic warm brown. It is quite warm, and on me it looks pink-ish. I prefer cold tones but I also like pink-leaning nude shades. It also has that satin finish that I like so I use Sepia a lot.

#30 is Belgian Road, a grayish brown with silver pearl. This description and mock-up pics on Visee Avant site make you think that this looks similar to Chestnut but it is not. It's a similar cold tone and similar shimmer but Belgian Road is much darker. It's really not nude and makes my eyes look heavy unless I use a tiniest amount and blend really well. But why would I spend a lot of time and effort to make this shadow look good on me when I already have a similar shade that doesn't require all the work? There's absolutely no reason to do that, and that's why I gave Belgian Road to my mom who has big eyes and likes cold-toned shades. Win-win, I say.

#38 is Knock Out, a clear red as Visee Avant states. In my book this is no red. I'd call this a warm saturated pink. It is not a matte shade, strictly speaking. It has a tiny amount of shimmer so it sparkles a bit. On the eyes Knock Out looks more like a true matte. The shade is also too warm for me. So not my shade, sadly.

#40 is Scene, a light brown with gold pearl. This one is very sparkly and it's not just your regular shimmer or glitter, this shade has flat small shiny flakes in it. This is so not the satin nuance effect but the resulting gloss is similar just bolder. Love it so much!

I've also seen some speculation online that Visee Avant shadows are exactly the same as Addiction, the only difference in the formula being the so called claims ingredients. Visee Avant advertises having hyaluronic acid, if I remember correctly. Addiction has fancier sounding ingredients, but they are still non-functional so that's a moot point. I've seen some pretty convincing comparisons so I find it completely plausible. Visee Avant and Addiction are both Kose brands, it is quite common to share formulas between brands that belong to the same parent company. The eye shadow pans look the same, the weight is the same. The difference is that Addiction has a much bigger range. I really want to try Addiction eye shadows and compare the quality myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment