Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Emily de Molly Flatline


Emily de Molly Flatline is a light taupe grey ultra holo with strong purple overtones. To be honest, I don't really see taupe or grey, I'd call this light purple. The formula is fantastic and the holo flare is stunning. Flatline is completely opaque in two or three coats. The application is very easy and the polish dries very fast. Flatline is easy to remove and doesn't stain your nails.

For the photos in this post I've applied a thin top coat over two coats of Flatline. Some people say that you shouldn't wear a top coat with linear holographic polishes because top coats make the holographic effect weaker. I've never noticed that, my holos usually look the same after I apply my top coat. My guess is that this has something to do with the thickness of a top coat. Many people like thick top coats, they use it to get that squishy gel look. On the other hand, I prefer very thin top coats so the layer on the top of the holo polish is fine and probably doesn't affect the holo flare too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment